In the Java programming language, all source code is first written in plain text files ending with the .java extension. Those source files are then compiled into .class files by the javac compiler. A .class file does not contain code that is native to your processor; it instead contains bytecodes — the machine language of the Java Virtual Machine1 (Java VM). The java launcher tool then runs your application with an instance of the Java Virtual Machine.
Introduction to Object Oriented Programing
• Create Java™ technology applications that leverage the object-oriented features of the Java language, such as encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism
• Execute a Java technology application from the
• Use Java technology data types and expressions
• Use Java technology flow control constructs
• Use arrays and other data collections
• Implement error-handling techniques using exception handling
• Create an event-driven graphical user interface (GUI)by using Java technology GUI components: panels,buttons, labels, text fields, and text areas
• Implement input/output (I/O) functionality to read from and write to data and text files
• Create multithreaded programs
• Create a simple Transmission Control Protocol/
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) client that communicates through sockets
• Write servlets using the Java™ programming language
• Create robust web applications using Struts, session
management, filters, and database integration
• Write pages created with the JavaServer Pages™
technology (JSP™ pages)
• Create easy to maintain JSP pages using the Expression
Language, JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL), and the
Struts Tiles framework
• Create robust web applications that integrate Struts
and JSP pages
• Describe the application model for the J2EE™ platform and the context for the model
• Develop and test an application based on EJB™
• Develop a web-based user interface to an application based on EJB technology
• Configure the J2EE platform services layer
Sun Certified Java Programmer
W e assume that because you're planning on becoming certified, you already know the basics of Java. If you're completely new to the language, this chapter—and the rest of the book—will be confusing; so be sure you know at least the basics of the language before diving into this book. That said, we're starting with a brief, high-level refresher to put you back in the Java mood, in case you've been away for awhile.KATHY SEIRRA
Download All Chapters of Kathy Seirra Book at rightside.
Deploying Web application in the Tomcat Server http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dcfz5m74_7cnstg3dm&hl=en
Java:Download Java SDK from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp and install it.
MySQL:Download Mysql Server from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ and install it.
Apache Tomcat 6.0:
Download Apache Tomacat from http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi and install.
Connector/J:Download MySQL Connector/J — for connecting to MySQL from Java, from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ .Unzip the Connector/J zipped file and copy the file mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\lib,C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\jre\lib\ext.
Setting The Environment Variables
2.Click on advanced tab.
3.Click on Environment Variables.
4.Cick on the New Button in the User variables enter the details given below:
Variable value:%classpath% ;.;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\lib\ext\mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\lib\jsp-api.jar;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\lib\servlet-api.jar;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\lib\mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar
5.Again Cick on the New Button in the User variables enter the details given below:
Variable value:C:\Sun\jwsdp-2.0\jwsdp-shared\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\bin
6.Again Cick on the New Button in the User variables enter the details given below:
Variable value:C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
Deploying the Application
Copy total application folder in the webapps directory in Tomacat.Then type: http://localhost:8080/application folder name